If you are in between sports or taking a break from your sport or seasons or just easing yourself into a new workout routine, elliptical and crosstrainer machines can help and are a popular low-impact workout. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but you can still get a great cardio and strength workout from either. Choosing the right one for your workouts greatly depends on what your focus is, whether it’s fat burning, low impact exercise or a total body workout both will provide it with minimal impact to your joints.
Elliptical Vs. Crosstrainer 2017 review
Elliptical Advantages (Pros)
Elliptical machines are fitness machines that allow you to move your legs freely and upper body with resistance in a smooth motion that has no harsh impact on the body or joints. If you have joint issues or lower body pains you can most likely still use an elliptical machine for toning and fitness. Ellipticals are adjustable so you can change the incline in order to work different lower body muscles or to simply increase your heart rate. Ellipticals also have stationary handle bars, which is advantageous to those who have upper body joint problems. The stationary handle bars also make it easy to balance yourself during an upright workout. Elliptical machines can be configured in any number of banners. The best low-cost elliptical machines can be as little as four dollars. Elliptical workouts again have definite advantages. >>>CHECK OUT MORE ON AMAZON<<<
Crosstrainer Advantages (Pros)
Crosstrainer offers many advantages to aerobic exercise as again these can help work both your upper and lower body’s both at the same time. One advantage is the forward and backward motions that this equipment provides. Most crosstrainers offer the dual-action motion both push and pull, which also allows you to work different sets of muscles in your legs. You can burn more calories and also get an overall better body workout all at the same time. Crosstrainers are great for those looking for a low-impact workout saving your joints needless impact which accumulates over time. The design of a crosstrainer is specific to the body’s natural stride. Your foot moves on a crosstrainer they way it does when you are walking, running or just jogging. Most cross trainer machines offer upper arm bars, which helps to elevate the heart rate quickly. Not only can you get a great workout for your lower body, but your upper body works synergistically with the stride of a crosstrainer to give you a better workout. >>>CHECK OUT MORE ON AMAZON<<<
One of the best under $300
Here is a fitness reality e5500xl review of the fitness reality e5500xl magnetic elliptical trainer with comfortable 18″ stride review.
- Extended user weight capacity of 270 lbs this is good.
- An 18 inch smooth elliptical stride length provides a comfortable and full range work out without any strain on the knees or ankles
- 24 levels of smooth Magnetic Tension resistance
- 21 Computer pre-set Workout Programs
- Backlit LCD Computer displays distance, time, RPM, calories burned, speed, pulse, odometer and Watts
- 3 Computer goal workout settings: distance, time and calories burned
- Recovery feature provides heart rate evaluation after workout
- A special engineered sleek and slim design provides the most natural stride motion
- Dual action handlebars provide a complete upper body workout
- Double Transmission operates with a consistent 2 flywheel and 2 belt design system
- A Double Transmission system results in increased momentum and a smoother striding motion
- Double Transmission utilizes a compact design that reduces the overall size of the elliptical trainer
- A strong and durable 3 piece cranking system for high end performance and continuous momentum
- Hand Pulse Sensors allow you to monitor your heart rate
- Smoother than most single flywheel elliptical machines
- The larger stride pedal design prevents any foot slippage when exercising
- Built in transportation wheels for easy relocation
- Extended leg stabilizers prevent any movement or tipping when exercising
The distance between the two pedals is only 6′ so there is no strain on the inner thighs. The lowest position of the pedals are only 6′ off the ground providing safe on and off capability. Mobile phone/tablet holder included and a Water bottle holder included.
There is an AC adapter included, Some assembly is required but not bad.
- Product Weight: 93 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Elliptical Power Source: AC Power Cord
- Stride Length Maximum: 16 – 18 inches
- Elliptical Resistance: Motorized
- Elliptical Drive System: Rear
Product Features: Grip Pulse Sensor, Water Bottle Holder and a Console Display Type: LCD
- Stride Adjustability: Non-Adjustible Stride
- Assembly: Assembly Required
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Pulse Grips Only
- Weight Capacity: 250 – 300 lbs
- Dimensions: 57.5 inches long x 24 inches wide x 66 inches high
Fitness Reality E5500XL Magnetic Elliptical Trainer with Target Workout Computer Programs
I’m a gym head but I don’t have as much time as I used to. I wanted to cut my gym trips down to 3x only weight training and do my cardio in the house. This machine is great!! It’s sturdy, doesn’t feel cheap and a great value. The screen leaves much to be desired, but what do you expect for the price. Want a better screen, pay 2x as much. I’m very happy with it!
There is a bit of assembly but instructions are straightforward. This elliptical is legit. Heart monitor, little lip to hold you phone or a book, good stride length and it’s a tougher workout than I’m use to on an elliptical which is a plus! Only problem is you have to plug it in but it you set it up somewhere near an outlet you are good to go. Definitely a great buy for the price!
fitness reality elliptical trainer are a good buy. If it’s the fitness reality elliptical e5500 or the fitness reality e4500 you can’t go wrong. The universal e40 elliptical trainer is good and you can find these at places like gold’s gym. The stride trainer 350i elliptical with ifit bluetooth smart technology.